This is an art form, not a science. It involves focusing your site on a key objective (or user journey) and clearing the path from the landing page (the first page they arrive on) through to the completion of their task.
What are typical conversion goals?
- Selling a product – that one is easy to define
- Downloading a technical product specification
- Clicking the Chat Online Now button and engaging with a sales agent
- Filling in a Contact Us form
- Signing up to an email newsletter
- Liking your Facebook Page
Whatever the goal there are a multiplicity of things on your site which impact on the conversion rate and this new site is a fun way of gathering case studies in what works and what doesn’t.You can play it here: Play the ConversionSkills.com conversion optimization case studies game
You can see a previous post of mine on conversion here.