The choice of options available for a business to effectively market itself online is getting bigger and bigger. This makes it difficult to decide how to focus scarce resources to best effect.
A digital strategy is a short term (6 month to a year) plan of action which clearly identifies the areas most suited to an individual business or organisation.
Core Web Presence – Website
It will always hinge around a clear and effective website and from there radiates out to the other tools and channels which are agreed upon. Sometimes changes to an existing website will be needed, other times a rebuild of an old one will be recommended so that it acts effectively to convert visitors into prospective clients or paying customers.
How is your Digital Strategy drawn up?
There is a defined process in place for doing this and the first step with you will be to agree which of the following are required.
* Establishing the businesses sales and marketing objectives
* Identifying the resources available within the business (both cash and time/skill sets)
* Recommending specific digital and internet tools which would be most effective in delivering the objectives
* Recommending potential suppliers to be considered for the work
* Train the client and/or their team to work with the required services and tools
It is important for me that I do not have a commercial relationship with any suppliers so my recommendations are always based on what is most relevant to my clients. I never get commission or percentages when businesses get work from a client of mine – the only income I derive is from you.
My Work to Date
I have been working with clients in this area since 2008 and am happy to discuss some details of that work if you contact me. However for the most part it is confidential in nature.
Tools and Channels
The online communication tools I usually explore with clients include the following (not an exclusive list):
* Email newsletters